What is LED Phototherapy?
LED Phototherapy was tipped by the Telegraph to be one of the key beauty trends of 2018 and it's popularity has grown since then. But why all the hype? Quite simply, LED is a proven anti-ageing method which uses:
- blue light - an amazing treatment for acne-prone skin.
- red light - great for fine lines and wrinkles.
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and works by emitting therapeutic wavelengths of light energy. This energy stimulates your skin cells to work harder at producing new collagen (which plumps your skin) and new elastin (which allows your skin to 'bounce back'), leaving your skin looking fuller, brighter and tighter!
Dermalux® Blue 415nm
Blemish fighting blue light destroys the bacteria which causes spots and helps in the prevention of breakouts.
Exposure to Blue light at 415nm interacts with the pacnes bacteria (the bacteria that causes acne) creating a photodynamic reaction which results in bacterial destruction. It also helps to balance sebum production and improve skin clarity. Applied in combination with Red and Near-Infrared light, the Dermalux® Tri-Wave treatment offers enhanced anti-blemish results and is excellent as a post-treatment procedure to help minimise breakouts and reduce redness.
• Blemish fighting action without irritation
• Helps spot prone skin
• Balances oil production
• Improves skin clarity
Dermalux® Red 633nm
Rejuvenating Red light accelerates cell renewal and repair, boosting collagen and elastin synthesis for smoother firmer skin.
Exposure to Red light at 633nm is clinically proven to increase the body’s natural form of cellular energy (ATP) which in turn "kick starts" cells to regenerate faster. Red light is potently absorbed by fibroblasts increasing collagen and elastin synthesis and boosting natural hydration levels. It also improves blood flow for increased tissue oxygenation and the lymphatic systems to eliminate toxins. Red light offers immediate visible results; skin feels hydrated and plump and radiance is restored.
• Increases collagen and elastin synthesis
• Reduces fine lines
• Improves complexion, texture and tone
• Increases natural hydration
• Stimulates circulation and lymphatic system
• Revitalises and restores radiance
Dermalux® Near Infrared 830nm
Repairing Near Infrared light is the most deeply absorbed wavelength and works synergistically with Red light for optimum rejuvenation results.
Exposure to Near Infrared light at 830nm triggers the skins anti-inflammatory processes to accelerate repair and reduce irritation and redness. Near Infrared light builds strength and integrity for compromised, environmentally damaged and sensitive skin conditions. It is also clinically effective in the treatment of age spots and hyperpigmentation.
• Advanced skin rejuvenation benefits
• Relieves redness and irritation
• Reduces pigmentation
• Promotes healthy skin
• Ideal for the most sensitive skins
Dermalux® Tri-Wave Therapy
For advanced results, Dermalux® uniquely enables these beneficial wavelengths to be delivered as either individual treatments or simultaneously to target multiple indications in each session. This enables a more bespoke approach, extends the range of treatment options available and ensures superior results with reduced treatment time.
• Targets multiple indications in one session
• Increases efficacy and accelerates results
• Extends the range of treatment options
• Enables a bespoke treatment approach
It is absolutely pain-free and can be used as a stand-alone treatment or course (in-salon treatments are recommended one to three times a week for a course of four to six weeks) or as part of one of our fabulous new LUXE Fire + Ice resurfacing facials here in the MEDFacials Clinic in Truro.
Take a look at our LED Phototherapy page for more details and find out why it is:
- The leading non-invasive treatment for visibly radiant, rejuvenated and refined skin
- A safe and pain-free way to transform the skin without downtime
- Instantly energises skin cells to revitalise a dull and tired complexion
- Offers long-lasting rejuvenation and skin health benefits
- Calms and clarifies problem skin conditions without irritation
- Combines with any skin treatment for maximum skin enhancing results
Email email@example.com or give us a call on 07886 250647 to find out more or to book yourself in.
MEDFacials is Truro's trusted aesthetic skin-care clinic. Start your journey with us towards the skin you deserve.